In the News
Some of our clients have decided to speak out regarding their cases and what coming forward means to them. Our lawyers have also been featured in a number of news stories because of our long history of helping abuse survivors with claims against the Catholic Church, the Boy Scouts, and other youth-serving organizations.
Any of our clients featured in these stories chose to participate, including the use of their names. Please know that most states and courts allow survivors of childhood sexual abuse to protect their identity from public disclosure. You can read or watch some of the stories by clicking on the links below. Clicking on a link will open-up a new browser window.
Boy Scouts of America
- “Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy amid sexual abuse lawsuits” (CBS)
- “Attorneys for victims of sexual abuse say they aren’t deterred by Boy Scouts bankruptcy” (NPR)
- “Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy. Hundreds of sexual abuse lawsuits are now on hold” (CNN)
- “Boy Scouts seek bankruptcy, urge victims to step forward” (AP)
- “Boy Scouts File For Bankruptcy Due To Sex-Abuse Lawsuits” (CBS Los Angeles)
- “Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy after sex abuse lawsuits” (Fox News)
- “Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy amid wave of potential lawsuits” (Washington Post)
- “Why the Boy Scouts Are Bankrupt and What It Means For Families” (Yahoo News)
- “San Diego lawyers address Boy Scouts bankruptcy” (CBS)
- “US Boy Scouts files for bankruptcy after abuse scandal” (Raw Story)
- “He was abused as an 11-year-old boy. A new law in California is making it possible to sue more than 40 years later” (CNN)
If you or someone you love was sexually abused as a result of the Boy Scouts, please contact us to learn your legal options and to ensure your rights are protected. The bankruptcy means people will likely have a limited time to file a claim with the bankruptcy court, and the time period will likely be much shorter than the statute of limitations that is otherwise provided by state law. You can also click here to learn more about the bankruptcy likely means for abuse survivors, including our answers to frequently asked questions.
- “Law gives child sex assault victims more time to file suits” (AP)
- “California sex abuse law likely to spur thousands of claims” (AP)
- “Law Gives Child Sex Assault Victims More Time to File Suits” (Fox 40)
- “New Abuse Suits in CA and Other States Could Cost Catholic Church Over $4 Billion” (AP)
- “New wave of sexual-abuse lawsuits could cost Catholic Church more than $4 billion” (MarketWatch)
- “New California law allowing childhood sexual assault victims more time to report draws widespread praise” (OC Register)
- “California sex abuse law likely to spur thousands of claims” (BakersfieldNow)